Wednesday, July 31, 2013

On the Move

I've been gone for WAY too long.  The Dixie Chick's song Long Time Gone has been popping up in my head every time I think about how it's been SO LONG since I have posted on Ginger Riott.  It makes me sad.  One that I haven't written in so long, and two that I have a Dixie Chick song stuck in my head. 

We've been really busy around here.  The movers came and packed up nearly everything we own, and in six days we're leaving for Michigan!  I haven't lived in Michigan in eight years so it's going to be a big change.  I'm not sure I'm ready for the drama that comes with a small town and living just minutes from my husband's entire family.  Last time I lived there I was 18, and drama was when the guy I liked posted on MySpace that gingers are nymphos and my mom making us salads on pizza night. 

There are a lot of things I am looking forward to.  One is not carrying groceries and kids up four flights of stairs everyday.  (The housing office rejected my requests to install a pulley system or escalator off my balcony.)  I'm also slightly obsessed with planning out how our next home is going to look.  I love to plan it out, but then there's all this painting and sanding and other crap that gets in my way of napping.

I haven't lived in Michigan since 2005 which means I left the country with a Republican president in office, Oprah on TV everyday at four o'clock and being able to fill my gas tank on $20.  I'm slowly turning myself into a walking meme of the "good old days". 

But for today, and the next five days, the girls and I are going to live it up in style and watching Brave, because it's the best Disney movie made, next to The Little Mermaid and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 

 
I can't put my finger on what it is about these movies I like. ;-)
 
 
This is how we will be living it up, exactly.

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!