Sunday, March 29, 2015

Uno de Mayo


On May first, I’ll be back to blogging.  I unregistered the old domain when we moved back to the states so the blog is here at http://gingerriot.blogspot.com.  Save it to your favorites.  I know that you didn't, but you will.  They always do. 

After spending a year going to school with nineteen year olds who live off trust funds, are dating married men, and just don’t understand why they aren’t going to get summers off for the rest of their lives, I have a lot to blog about again.  I have dealt with Ohio drivers on a daily basis which proves that I am stronger, more tolerant, and less mass murdering individual than I ever thought I was.   

I have also gained weight, which I’m not ashamed about or feel guilty about and I will explain why.  If you are already assuming it’s because “no fucks were given”, that is true…and only half the story.  Nonetheless, I want to feel stronger and be leaner so my journey to find that part of myself will be on the blog too.  Spandex thighs and makeup free gym days will be included.  You’ve been warned. 

I also felt really lost for about a year and a half after leaving the military and moving “home”.  So I will be talking about a lot of those feelings and situations here too.  You my Dr. Phil’s, and me on my over-priced chase lounge.  For those of you who know me, you know that I tend to deal with emotions with sarcasm and humor…so save those tissues…because I’m going to need them to stuff my bra after I start losing weight. (That’s always the first place you lose it.)

Leave a comment below, send me an email, or leave a comment for me on Facebook.  See you on Uno de Mayo.   
I just felt like this post needed some sort of picture.  This is our new cat Gabby Gato.  She likes to hang out around the house a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!