Friday, February 1, 2013

I am not Jake Gyllenhaal


I get this question all the time, “Have we met before?  You look really familiar, but I can’t place where I know you from.”  And I answer it the same way every time.  “No, I just have one of those faces.”  When I say this happens all the time, I mean at least once a week.  Either there are a lot of Swedish-Swiss-Dutch-big-cheeked ladies out there or Brian has put me up for free on Craigslist.  Note to self, check Craigslist later.

Today a man came up to me and said, “Excuse me, have we met before?”

Me - I just have one of those faces.

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - Really?  What’s your last name?

Me - Iott

He must have noticed my wedding ring (I don’t polish it until it shines for nothin’!). 

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - What was your name before you got married?

Me - Jones.

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - Man you look like an actress I’ve seen.

I also get this all the time, followed by being questioned about how my time at band camp was, or what it was like being a secretary for Mad Men.  Yes, because all redheads look alike.  Apparently red is the new black.

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - You look like that Gyllenhaalgirl.

Me - Who?

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - You know that girl from Spider Man. Jay Gyllenhol.

Me - You mean Jake Gyllenhaal?

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - Yes!

Me - Oh well he wasn’t in Spider Man, and he is a he.  Not a she.

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - Oh.

Me - Yeah, so...

Not-Long-Lost-Friend - Ok, well it was nice seeing you again.

Me - Yeah, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!