Friday, May 17, 2013

Prettiest Girl in the School

Shylee came home the other day with her very first yearbook!  I was so excited that I flipped through the pages until I found her kindergarten class. Then I dragged my finger down the page to her name and looked at her photo. 

This is my kid's name, but this is not her face.



And this is my kid's face, but not her name.




WTF? Her very first yearbook and the only photo of her in it, and it's all screwed up.  I didn't want her to feel let down so I approached it gently.

Me - Shylee?  Have you seen this page yet?

Shylee - Yeah!  Isn't it great?!  I love my yearbook.

Me - Did you see that your name is on a different little girl's picture?

Shylee - Yes! (grinning from ear to ear)

Me - I'm really sorry.  I think it's too late to do anything about it.

Shylee - Are you kidding me?  Isabella is the prettiest girl in school.  Whenever people look at this, they're going to say 'Dang kid, you were gorgeous!'

Well that's one way to look at it I guess!


And in other news, my husband had a great time playing with his toys. I prefer he doesn't start his stories with, "So did I tell you where my wheel almost came off?"

2 comments:

  1. I really love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this web site yourself? Please reply back as I'm looking to create my own personal blog and would like to
    learn where you got this from or what the theme is named.
    Thank you!

    Check out my website; elder scrolls beta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Blogger by Google has been great about supplying tons of backgrounds for me to choose from, from there I went into the settings and just played with them until I liked what I saw. Thanks for reading the blog!

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments!