Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Five-Year-Old is Sexy

Shylee came up to me with her best duck face on and said, "Momma, how do you like my sexy face?"

Not wanting to crush her soul and tell her she is not nearly a good enough swimmer to pull off that face, I said, "What do you think sexy means?"

She said, "It means girl".

Oh obviously. Being a nearly bra burning, self empowered, woman myself I couldn't take the wind out of her sails on this one. I say nearly because these babies aren't going to hold themselves up! Anyway, I think sexy is a great alternative name for girl, so I let her roll with it.

Shylee spent the rest of the day using "sexy" in place of "girl". She asked a waitress where the sexy room is when she needed to go potty, she told Brian his shoes looked like sexy shoes (which he took as a compliment), and she walked around the house singing "I'm a girl and I know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah!" which is my new favorite version of LMFAO's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!