Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Pussy and the Bong Tree

I was taking Kaydance to daycare the other day and got really distracted. As I was signing her in I heard "Oh lovely pussy, my beautiful pussy," and immediately forgot what I was doing. Um what? I didn't just hear that coming from a CD player in a daycare classroom did I?
 
"What a beautiful pussy you are, you are, you are, what a beautiful pussy you are. Pussy said to the Owl, you elegant fowl."
 
I just stood there looking really confused. Am I in a twilight zone?
 
Daycare Lady: Ma'am? Is everything okay?"
 
Me: You hear that too right?
 
We both wait and listen.
 
"They sailed away, for a year and a day. To the land where the Bong-tree grows."
 
She looks confused.
 
Me: Is this a real song?
 
Daycare Lady: Yes. What's wrong?
 
"They took some honey, and plenty of money, Rolled up in a five pound note."
 
Me: I'm. Going. To work.
 
"O lovely pussy! O pussy, my love, what a beautiful pussy you are, you are, you are. What a beautiful pussy you are."
 
I got out to the parking lot and googled it on my phone. Apparently this is a legit song/poem.  And its about a cat. Told you cats are weird.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!